I confess: when the farm cats asked me to do a guest post for their Catastic Event, I
wracked my brain trying to decide on a topic! Then it struck me: why not just write about
what I know? So here is my topic:
How to be a successful blogging kitty!
The steps are quite simple, actually - check it out.
1. Be cute! Of course, it is really easy when you are a kitten, like I was here, but we cats
have automatic cute genes for our whole lives! So you will always be able to do that.
2. But always make sure you have attitude too. That is another easy one. I mean, we're
cats! We are supposed to have attitude. And you can do it with something as simple as
giving the Back of Disrespect.
3. Let your readers into your personal life. Yes, this even includes visits to the dreaded vet.
4. Comment lots on other kitties' blogs! This is very important, as you want to make lots
of friends, and how will anyone know you exist if you don't make yourself known to them?
make sure other blogging kitties know about you.
6. Also share your blog posts on social media like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. This
is a lot of work, so have your human do it for you.
7. If you want to be a successful cat blogger, you have to treat your blog like a business!
Keep track of your stats with Google Analytics, create a Media kit (this can just be one
page with your readership stats, your mission statement and a pitch about how awesome a
kitty you are!). If you decide to work with brands, be responsible and post when you say
you will and if you are getting paid, invoice them promptly.
8. Make sure your blog looks good! Unless your human has a background in web design
or like my human, is pretty good at faking it, hire someone to help you. You can get
headers from Ann of Zoolatry, or a whole blog makeover from Glogirly!
(ED: We here on the Farm can attest that Glogirly does excellent work!)
9. This is the most important step of all: give back! The cat blogging community is a
generous and helpful one, and we all want to pitch in and help other kitties! Even if you
don't have much money to donate to causes, you can spread the word on your blog and
your social media profiles when there is a rescue or special kitty in need. Word of mouth
is really helpful, and the more successful your blog, is the more you are able to help. I am
glad my blog does well because I feel it is an honor to be able to help save lives.
If you follow these steps, you will be a happy and successful blogging kitty!
I don't know about all of you out there but the publicist sure appreciated these tips! She thinks they can apply to ANY blog. I know we Farm cats are going to have a sit down and we are going to meow together about how to help Pricilla make our blog better. So THANK YOU Sparkle for offering these great tips to help everycat (and goat) be a better blogger!
Be sure to check out the publicist's blog today for a review of the SwiPets Pet Hair Removal Glove!